Sustainability at faszinatour Passion for people and nature
The urgency to actively engage in climate protection and sustainability is growing and with it the demand on ourselves to set an example here in the construction industry and in tourism. We believe that we are on the right path, the beginning has been made. Because even with small steps we can contribute to change. Find out here what we are doing in practice to further improve our eco-balance step by step.
Being a Carbon neutral company means that we have calculated our greenhouse gas emissions, are continuously reducing them and offset unavoidable emissions through carbon offset projects.
Our steps in detail:
1. Calculate carbon emissions
Together with ClimatePartner we have calculated our CCF – Corporate Carbon Footprint. This includes emissions from sources such as energy and heating, business travel, office supplies and everything else that we use in the operation of our company.
2. Avoid and reduce emissions
Our CCF calculation shows us where we need to reduce our carbon emissions. We update it every year to monitor our progress and identify additional areas for improvement.
3. Carbon offset
For the time being, some emissions remain unavoidable. We offset them by supporting a project from the ClimatePartner portfolio.
Wood is our main source of material. Our poles are mainly made of robinia or larch, which gives the parks a very organic look, is weatherproof, durable and a renewable raw material. For our Adventure Park elements we mainly use wooden parts or recycled plastics.
For the sake of the environment, we try to design our parks as ecologically as possible, so we make a point of using few foundations and, where possible, integrating the tree population - of course only under the highest
standards of tree care! Always with an eye on easy and safe operation, we integrate local components into the appearance of the surroundings.
To ensure sustainability when operating an adventure park, we have teamed up with top companies from Germany and Austria.
- We source our wooden poles from BlockHausBau Schwarz, where great value is placed on forestry certifications, such as PEFC or FSC, in order to meet the criteria of sustainable forest management. BlockHausBau Schwarz sources wood from officially certified forests.
- We use steel ropes from the Austrian family-owned company TEUFELBERGER, a diversified, international group that has successfully specialised in fibre ropes, steel wire ropes and strapping. Innovation, continuous growth, and geographic expansion are firmly defined goals in the group's strategy.
- The faszinatour team is equipped by VAUDE, which is considered one of the most sustainable outdoor companies in Europe and has received several awards for prudent management and actions. Vaude has been completely climate neutral since 2022.
- EDELRID is considered a pioneer in harness and belay technology. We have been sourcing both participant and guide equipment from Edelrid for 15 years.
As a whole company, faszinatour causes just under 68 tonnes of CO2 emissions per year, which need to be offset and, above all, reduced.
Move the slider to see what that means. A great incentive to limit emissions!